I don’t know what to call these — roll cookies, or cut outs — they’re the kind we decorate with icing and sprinkles and whatever else tickles our fancy.
The recipe is simple:
1. Cream together 1 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
2. Crack two eggs and add 2 teaspoons vanilla.
3. Then add eggs and vanilla to the butter/sugar.
4. And cream together.
5. Mix together 4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons baking powder.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
7. The dough should look like this . . .If mixture is very soft you may need to refrigerate for an hour.
8. Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick.
9. Place of well greased cookie sheets, or use parchment paper or silpats.
10. Bake at 350 for 8 – 10 minutes. These cookies hold their shape well and get very crisp.
11. Make Royal Icing
12. Set up an icing station and . . .Decorate!